Sunday, October 7, 2012

one week to go...

Well, it's official!  One week until I run the half marathon at the Scotia Bank Waterfront Marathon in Toronto.

I was hoping to get this blog up and running a few months ago but since I spend most of my free time, which is very scarce, running, I don't have a lot of time for blogs.

A little nervous, I'll admit.  I have ran the distance before but this is the first time I will run 13.1 in a race setting.  Those of you who race know that anything can happen on race day, and I mean ANYTHING!

My clothes are selected.  My shoes are ready.  Now I wait....

I'm in taper time right now so not a lot of running planned for this week.  My schedule will probably go as follows:

Monday - rest
Tuesday - 6k (light hills)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 6k
Friday - 3k
Saturday- rest
Sunday - GO TIME!

I don't like running the day before I race. Although, some recommend a short 3k to get warmed up, I like the feeling of just wanting to get out there because its been a few days since I ran any long distance.

I think my biggest fear for the half marathon is the weather.  Right now the forecast is calling for heavy wind and rain.... can it get any worse?  Hoping that the weather channel is wrong and since it is still a week away the probability for change is good.  Fingers crossed.

On my list for tomorrow is creating my 13.1 play list. Oh, and laundry, vacuuming and cleaning.  Funny, life doesn't stop just because I run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment